RCI, Inc. is embracing its future. As of April 1, 2019, RCI, Inc., a nonprofit association originally incorporated in 1983 as the Roof Consultants Institute (RCI), will officially become the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC; pronounced eye-bec).
The change, approved by our membership after extensive study, brand assessment, and industrywide feedback, will align the association’s name and brand with its purpose and strategy heading into the future.
RCI has grown from a small core of dedicated roof consultants to represent some 3,500+ members, comprised of building enclosure consultants and other industry stakeholders specializing in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall specification and design. The evolving focus of the institute’s members in embracing the entire building enclosure called for a name that would clearly define its purpose as:
- An international association
- A professional institute representing building enclosure consultants – architects, engineers and others such as ex-contractors who have gained the required education and experience
- A knowledge hub and leading authority on all things building enclosure (roofing, waterproofing and exterior walls)
- Striving to become more diverse and to attract younger generations
- Endeavoring to increase exposure, recognition and usage of the institute’s resources by nonmember architects and engineers, government agencies (state and federal), as well as end-users such as school boards, universities, facility managers, etc.
Please join us in celebrating our new name.
Kindly note that all correspondence, financial transactions, contracts, and references to RCI should be changed to the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants or IIBEC as of April 1.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Outgoing RCI, Inc. President Michael E. Clark, RBEC, RRO, PE, CSRP
Incoming IIBEC President Robert D. Card, RBEC